Looking to learn Adobe RoboHelp or other Adobe Software? I've got you covered. Find out more and start learning: Training Options
IE10 patch for RoboHelp 9 installation
A few days ago, Adobe released a fix for WebHelp. WebHelp didn't work on Internet Explorer 10. Adobe kindly provided the fix for RoboHelp 10 and RoboHelp 9. Unfortunately they didn't include a patch for the RoboHelp 9 installation (aka 'seed files'). That means that you must patch your RoboHelp 9 output every time you generate WebHelp.
I created a RoboHelp 9 installation patch so that RoboHelp directly generates the correct WebHelp. Download the zip archive and follow the instructions to patch your RoboHelp 9 installation.
|Download the RoboHelp 9 patch|
- Download the zip archive and unzip it.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the installation directory of RoboHelp. Normally this is C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 9.
- Go to the folder RoboHTML.
- Unzip the zip file to a temporary location.
- Copy the contents of the unzipped file (a folder WebHelp5Ext) into the folder RoboHTML.
- Click Yes to all to overwrite the existing files and folders.
Your RoboHelp installation is fixed. Generate your help to make it compatible with Internet Explorer 10.