Looking to learn Adobe RoboHelp or other Adobe Software? I've got you covered. Find out more and start learning: Training Options
IE10 patch for RoboHelp 8 installation
Last month, Adobe released a fix for WebHelp. WebHelp didn't work on Internet Explorer 10. Adobe kindly provided the fix for RoboHelp 10 and RoboHelp 9. Because Adobe did not provide a patch for RoboHelp 9 'seed files', I created a custom patch for RoboHelp 9 installations.
Because some people requested a similar for RoboHelp 8, I've ported the solution for RoboHelp 8 installations.
UPDATE: If you see empty pages on IE10 after applying the fix, you are experiencing an IE bug. Check the following message for a fix: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5563349#5563349
|Download the RoboHelp 8 patch|
- Download the zip archive and unzip it.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the installation directory of RoboHelp. Normally this is C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 8.
- Go to the folder RoboHTML.
- Unzip the zip file to a temporary location.
- Copy the contents of the unzipped file (a folder WebHelp5Ext) into the folder RoboHTML.
- Click Yes to all to overwrite the existing files and folders.
Your RoboHelp installation is fixed. Generate your help to make it compatible with Internet Explorer 10.