Looking to learn Adobe RoboHelp or other Adobe Software? I've got you covered. Find out more and start learning: Training Options
Adobe RoboHelp: Creating a Mobile App
RoboHelp 2015 introduces a new output: mobile apps. With this output, you create Android and iOS applications without any coding and without installing additional software. Best of all, creating apps is completely free. Only if you want to publish your app on the Apple App Store do you need a paid Apple developer account.
In this tutorial I will show you how to create an app that you can install on your Android Device.
Before you begin, ensure that you have a free PhoneGap account.
- Open a RoboHelp project and open the Outputs(SSL) pod. (Project > Pods > Outputs(SSL)
- Click the Create output tool
- From the Output Type drop-down menu, choose Mobile App
- Click the OK button
- From the list at the left, select Application Details
- In the Package field, type a name for the application
- Add a Title
- In the Adobe ID user for PhoneGap section, add your Adobe ID and password
- Click Validate User ID to check whether the username and password are valid
- Click Save and Generate
- Click View Result
- Scan the QR code with your phone or use the URL to download the app and install it on your mobile device
Note: If you go to your PhoneGap account you can view and download your app there as well.