Looking to learn Adobe RoboHelp or other Adobe Software? I've got you covered. Find out more and start learning: Training Options
Installing the library
This page tells how to install the RoboHelp ExtendScript Library.
Copying the files
Before you can use the RoboHelp ExtendScript library, you need to install the library on your computer. You need to copy all the library files to a location on your computer, such as C:\ExtendScriptLib. Make sure that all the files are copied to the same directory.
Configuring the library
In order to use all the functions of the RoboHelp ExtendScript library, you need to configure library after you have installed it.
Setting up 7-Zip
You need to install 7-Zip and configure the library if you want to be able to zip files and folders.
- If you do not want to zip files and folders, you do not need to install 7-Zip and you do not need to configure the library for this.
- If the path to 7-Zip is not specified or not valid, the methods File.zip() and Folder.zip() will ask the user to select the 7-Zip executable. (The executable the user selects will only be saved for the duration of the script execution.)
- Download and install 7-Zip.
- After installing, open the file lib.jsxinc.
- Go to the variable v7Location.
- Add the complete path to the 7-Zip executable as the value of the variable. Example:
var v7Location = 'C:\\Program Files\\7-Zip\\7z.exe'
- Save your changes.